Students will join us in our new state of the art building for their transition experience on Monday 3 July. Before then, many steps are being put in place to support this exciting move.
See below for important information and deadlines.
Year 6 Transition to Laurence Jackson School
Week commencing 3 July 2017
To enable the transition to run as smoothly as possible please note the following essential information.
Transition 3 July – 21 July
- Students will wear their normal Primary school uniform
- For PE lessons during transition students will need a plain t-shirt, sports shorts and trainers
- No jewellery apart from 1 pair of plain studs
- School bag to carry pencil case, bottle of water, books and other equipment.
- Students are not allowed chewing gum on the school site
- Students make their own way to and from Laurence Jackson School; see attached sheet with transport cost and times
- Parents bringing students by car must drop them off safely – as directed by staff
- Students should arrive at school between 8.15 and 8.30 am and report to the main entrance
- Students will need to bring £2.20 for a school lunch. (We would like all students to experience a school lunch, but they can bring packed lunch if they cannot be persuaded!). Water is available to drink with lunch but students can buy a drink for between 30p – 80p.
Students will pay their money into a cash loader, which will then allow them to use our biometric cashless lunch system. A free school meal will be available for eligible students
- If your child requires medication during a school week please contact Mrs Colman (first aid co-ordinator)
- Students will finish school at 3.00 pm except the last day of term Friday 21 July, when students depart at lunchtime
New term Tuesday 5 September
Full school uniform – see attached sheet.
Uniform can be purchased through:
Bambini, Chaloner Street, Guisborough or
Directly fromTag Teamwear or their sales events @ LJS on:
20 June 3 – 6pm
7 August 10am – 12noon
Induction Evening – Parents
On the evening of Wednesday 5 July, Parents/Carers of new entrants are invited to Induction Evening (STUDENTS DO NOT ATTEND ON THE EVENING), which runs from 5.00 pm – 6.30 pm. Please note car parking will be limited and parents are urged to walk to school if at all possible. During this evening you will:
- Have a short introductory presentation in the school hall
- Meet the Head Boy and Head Girl
- Find out more about our excellent Friends of Laurence Jackson School and have the opportunity to join our 200 Club
- Meet your son/daughter’s Form Tutor.
We look forward to welcoming your son/daughter during the transition period and meeting yourselves on the induction evening.
Please note the new school term starts for Year 7 at 8.25 am on Tuesday 5 September, when of course they will be wearing their Laurence Jackson School uniform (school photographs will be taken during the day).
If you require any further information regarding the transition process then please contact the school.
We will be holding an informal drop-in session for any parents or carers with questions or queries on Thursday 25th May between 15:30 and 17:30 in the dining room in school.
Mrs King (Transition Leader), Mr Bayston (KS3 Leader) and Mr Tuck (Year Leader) will be on hand to help.