Top 10 Tips for Parents
Top 10 Tips for Parents!
1. Plan ahead – help your child to create a clear revision plan and method of studying that will make them feel in control of their work.
2. Make sure your child has all essential books and materials, even down to stationary and highlighters!
3. Keep home life as calm as you can – it will always help if other members of the household are aware that your child is under pressure and make allowances for this.
4. Make sure that you have plenty of healthy snacks in the fridge, and try to provide good nutritious food at regular intervals.
5. Encourage a walk around the block during their breaks – getting away from the books and some fresh air will work wonders.
6. Try not to nag or be too demanding – arguments will be counterproductive and will add unnecessary stress!
7. Ensure your child gets a good night’s sleep before all of their exams – DO NOT stay up late to cram!
8. Ensure your child has breakfast – it will set them up well for the day ahead!
9. Show an interest in what they are doing – get involved of you can.
10.Provide encouragement/treats for all their hard work – but don’t bribe!!