- National Careers Service – https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/
Information, advice and guidance to help you make decision on learning, training and work.
- Apprenticeships – https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
A national database of Apprenticeship and Traineeship opportunities. Search for an Apprenticeship and find out what its’s like to be an Apprentice.
- Careers Inc. - https://www.careersinc.uk/The-Laurence-Jackson-School/
Careers Inc. provides an independent impartial careers information, advice and guidance service. Find out more about your options after Year 11.
- Redcar & Cleveland Council – https://www.redcar-cleveland.gov.uk/resident/jobs-and-recruitment/routes-to-employment/Pages/apprenticeships-traineeships.aspx
Search for an apprenticeship or traineeship opportunity in and around the Tees valley.
- Career Coach – https://mbro.emsicareercoach.co.uk/#action=loadHomePage&Search=&Featured=&WageLimit=0&OccSearchSort=&EdLevel=all&Clusters=&CourseSearchSort=&CourseLength=&CourseLocation=&CourseDepartment=&CourseID=1007468
Career Coach is designed to help you find a career by providing the most current local data on wages, employment, job postings and associated education and training.
- All About Careers - https://www.allaboutcareers.com/
Career exploration, jobs and advice all in one place.
- UCAS - http://www.ucas.com/
UCAS connects people to Univeristy and helps you choose what and where to study.
- Not Going to Uni - https://www.notgoingtouni.co.uk/
If you are thinking of not going to University this website helps you find apprenticeships, college courses and work experience to start building your future.
- UniFrog - https://www.unifrog.org/
Finding the best universities and apprenticeships.
- eCLIPS – https://www.eclips-online.co.uk/
A comprehensive resource with accurate information on over 1400 jobs including live labour market information and a wealth of impartial advice on education and employment choices.
- CV Builder - https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/get-a-job/cv-sections
Find out what to include in your CV… and what to leave out!
- How to write a covering letter - https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/get-a-job/covering-letter
Your CV and covering letter are your chance to sell yourself to employers. A good covering letter will show that you have done your research, that you know what the job involves and what the employer is looking for.
- National Citizen Service (NCS) - https://www.ncsyes.co.uk/
NCS is an experience designed to make you feel challenged and changed, engaged and empowered. The four-phase programme is just the beginning of an exciting journey that will give you all the confidence and skills you need to seize the future you want.