Applications must be received by the end of term to guarantee a pass for September, and students will not be permitted to travel without a pass.
If you are in receipt of free school meals but have not yet received your supermarket vouchers, please check your emails including your junk mail. Eligible parents/carers should have now had at least one email from Edenred, the company running the scheme, with instructions on how to access and use the vouchers.
If you or your child are in receipt of certain benefits, you are entitled to a free school meal. For the school to be able to provide this meal, you must apply to see if you are eligible.
To provide a more convenient process, we have moved to an online application system. This system is more convenient, is available any time and you can complete the applications yourself in a few simple steps.
The benefits you will receive are:
- A free school meal for your child, which is good for their health and could help their learning.
- Savings for you, worth over £350 a year.
- Extra money for the school through Pupil Premium, worth at least £900 a year.
By registering your child for Free School Meals Laurence Jackson receives the extra money even if you do not want your child to take up the free meal. Your application is confidential and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
Your child will be eligible for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
If you want further information or help in completing the online application, the school office staff will be happy to assist you.
Laurence Jackson School is now closed until further notice.
If you need support with accessing home learning for your child please see the school website and email your child’s teacher.