Ahead of purchasing school uniform for your child, please note the following guidance to ensure compliance with our expectations.
Trutex supply our specific items of uniform i.e. Blazer, Tie and Skirt. All other items of uniform can be purchased elsewhere as long as it meets the school guidelines.
Following some parental queries this week there is no intention to change the school name or uniform at this time. Parents should purchase the current uniform as normal for 2019/20.
UNIFORM EXPECTATIONS SEPTEMBER 2019
Patent leather shoes are acceptable footwear.
NOT ALLOWED IN SCHOOL
- Jewellery – for Health & Safety reasons no jewellery except one pair of small stud earrings, gold or silver (one in each lobe) is permitted. No body piercings (including ear stretchers and clear facial piercings), tattoos or body modification are allowed.
- Heavy make up – discreet make up only (ie not noticeable) The following are not allowed in school: false eyelashes, false nails (gel acrylic etc), nail varnish (including gel nail varnish), fake tan, unnatural colours (eg blue mascara etc).
- Hair – extremes of fashion, as determined by the school, (eg bright colours, bands of colour, hair sculpting, tramlines) will not be acceptable. No large hair accessories. Hair accessories must be functional, not decorative. Only plain green, black or white hairbands are permitted.
- Bags - All students are expected to carry a school bag for equipment and kit. All school bags MUST be large enough to hold an A4 book/file.
- Mobile phones, electronic devices, smart watches and earphones will be confiscated if visible in the school building.
- Aerosols (including deodorant and hairspray).
- Fire lighting equipment (eg matches, lighters etc).
- Drugs and smoking equipment (eg cigarettes, tobacco, cigarette papers, electronic cigarettes, vape pens, nicotine sprays, alcohol, solvents, any form of illegal drugs, any other drugs except medicines school are aware of).
- Weapons and other dangerous implements or substances (eg knives, razors, catapults, guns (including replicas and BB guns), laser pens, knuckle dusters and studded arm banks, whips or comparable items, pepper sprays and gas canisters, fireworks, dangerous chemicals).
- Other items: chewing gum, fizzy/caffeinated/high energy drinks, offensive materials (eg pornographic/racist/ homophobic materials).
- Fidget spinners and stress balls (only allowed when stated on a student’s EHCP and when agreed with individual class teachers.