LJS provides a cashless catering service to help students avoid carrying cash to school to buy their lunch. Their lunch money fund is either topped up online using School Gateway or they can deposit their money in one of our cash loaders at the start of the day. This mitigates the risk of them carrying cash around school. The lunch money fund is then accessible to the student at point of sale using biometric identification (subject to finger enrolment consent). Please be aware that the saved ‘finger data’ is just a unique long number created by an algorithm which reads between 50 and 130 points on the finger. It is not possible to rebuild a forensic style ‘fingerprint’ from the data we collect. The biometric technology is simply a means used to identity each individual person within the system and it ensures that only your child can access their account balance hence keeping it safe.
This system has improved our school meal provision, this enables a more efficient and improved quality of service. The system incorporates the latest technology and there are several clear benefits for students and parents:
- A more efficient service which reduces queuing time and provides more options.
- Reduced risks of handling cash.
- Anonymity for FSM entitled students which removes any possible stigma.
- Help students develop life skills in managing their own lunch money balance.
- Encourage a balanced diet by allowing students to make more independent choices.
- A convenient way for parents to pay for school meals online.
- Reporting to parents about what their child is consuming each day.
Our lunch menu changes on a 4 weekly rolling basis.
Click here for the menu