As we prepare to return to school, albeit under very challenging circumstances, we write to current and potential transport service users about the forthcoming academic year. You will recall that the school put a replacement service in place last year following the collapse of Stagecarriage, and in doing so we endeavoured to keep the service fundamentally the same whilst having to implement necessary changes to ensure the service was safe and manageable. This included keeping the same journey rate of £1.50.
The service has proved popular, and so we intend to continue to run a very similar service for academic year 2020-2021. During the course of the current year there have been additional costs for the school to bear, arising from managing the service and ensuring full health and safety compliance, so regrettably we must apply a price increase next year. The estimated increase for the forthcoming academic year will be 10% providing we can operate the coach service in the way in which it operates currently.
Please read the enclosed 20/21 handbook and complete the application form if you wish your son/daughter to travel on the school's transport service from September 2020.
Please note the following key points:
1. Timetables have been revised for the new academic year, to ensure that students are not on site before 8am each morning. These are set out in the handbook.
2. The daily fare has been increased from 3.00 to 3.30 to reflect the rising costs of transport and managing the service.
3. Discounts for siblings and prompt payment in full will still apply:
a. 10% discount for each sibling
b. 5% discount for payment in full by the end of July.
4. New passes will be issued in advance of each term, and all coaches will operate a strict 'no pass no travel' policy.
5. Payment arrears for the current academic year MUST be paid before a new pass can be issued for the autumn term.
6. We will endeavour to offer a degree of flexibility where a full or half pass is not viable for your son/daughter, but cannot guarantee very part-time passes. Please note special requirements on your application form.
Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis where there are no payment arrears. We cannot guarantee a place on your chosen route as capacity is limited. If no place is available at the time of application you will be added to a waiting list.
The recommencement of the transport service remains subject to government guidance on Covid-19 measures, and the actual cost of transport provided will be adjusted if required to reflect the actual school open days for your son/daughter. It is very important that we are able to assess the level of demand for the service once we return to 'normal' so that we can ensure we have access to the vehicles we need, and can ensure student safety at all times. Therefore, please read the enclosed handbook carefully and complete the sections required on the final pages should you wish to use the service after the summer holidays.