Mrs Juckes (Head Teacher) and Alan Ankers (chair of Governors) recently met with Simon Clarke MP and Local councillors to discuss the Ofsted report and the actions taken by the school so far. Simon has put a video about his visit to the school on his social media which can be found on his Facebook page.
I am also providing this short update on the Rapid Improvement Board (RIB) actions, so far.
These have consisted of the following:
- Local Authority statement of actions has now been through the Council chambers and agreed. It has been submitted to OFSTED and subsequently approved by OFSTED. This was a combined piece of work between the Mrs Juckes (HT) , the Interim CEO and National Leader in Education (NLE) . This document forms the foundation of the school improvement plan.
- Mrs Juckes has, along with the NLE, produced the school action plan which underpins the LA statement of actions. This document has also been submitted to Ofsted and approved as an annex to the LA statement of action.
- The Maths action plan has been presented to the RIB and a number of key actions have been implemented. The RIB chair has carried out learning walks in maths and a maths book scrutiny by RIB members has taken place. There is a new marking policy in Maths to underpin the improvement required in maths books. It is also part of a whole school marking policy
- As part of our involvement with the One Vision initiative an independent SEND review has taken place and the report has been submitted to the RIB for their action.
- The LA are looking to appoint a National Leader for Governance (NLG) to strengthen the Governance arrangements of the RIB. This should help in keeping a real focus on change and challenge. More on this when I receive more information.
- The Academisation Order has been received, we have been allocated a project officer by the RSC and the necessary document required has been submitted. The Headteacher Board is scheduled to sit in July to make a decision as to the best MAT solution for the school. If all goes according to plan we should be informed of the successful Trust shortly afterwards. (However, this timeline is subject to change).
In the meantime the RIB will continue to meet regularly and the Governing body will continue to support the RIB with:
Safeguarding, Statutory Policy arrangements/checks, Student Voice
and Standing Committees such as Pupil Disciplinary, Complaints, etc