Dear Parent / Carer
The Rapid Improvement Board convened on 3rd July, here are the headlines from this meeting:
- The Board listened to a presentation on "Rapid improvement to our KS3 Curriculum and Assessment at LJS", presented by one of the school’s Senior Leaders, from which the board was able to gain feedback on the focus and progress of the school’s improvement plans. This supported us in performing a deep scrutiny of KS3 curriculum and assessment, using external reports from Subject Specialist Leaders in Education who had recently reviewed a number of departments in school to evidence the ongoing progress. The outcome of this scrutiny will form a body of knowledge to develop and deliver a KS3 curriculum and assessment that is fit for purpose for 19/20 academic year.
- School Improvement Support has continued throughout the past few weeks from the nominated National Leader in Education (NLE) along with Subject Specialist Leaders in Education (SSLE). The SSLE has undertaken external reviews which included:
- A Middle Leader Discussion,
- KS3 Curriculum Review,
- Computing/Business and
- Religious Studies subject reviews.
The Local Authority’s Interim Chief Education Officer has carried out a Learning Walk with the Headteacher and the Head of English, which included both KS3 and KS4 lessons. Within her report, Mrs McConnell highlighted both strengths and areas for development. Mrs McConnell also highlighted that effective marking was evident in books and examples of high-quality feedback was evidenced to support pupil progress in learning.
- The NLE and the Headteacher highlighted that a number of senior and middle leaders had visited an Outstanding School in order to share best practice and to develop their thinking on KS3 curriculum delivery. This has been really helpful in informing next steps with curriculum development.
If there are any further questions regarding this process, please do contact me using the Parent Champion contact e-mail